Developing new products and services is very important to a firm’s growth. This unique course will provide you with cutting-edge thinking, frameworks, tools, techniques, best practices and perspectives on a number of important topics that will help you to more effectively develop and market new products and services. This course will be helpful to entrepreneurs, marketers and anyone involved with managing and developing new products and services. The topics covered will apply to a wide spectrum of industries including business-to-business, consumer products, high-tech products and services. The course will present a customer-centric view of developing and managing new products and services and will use a combination of lectures, cases, and simulation. In addition, the instructor will draw upon his real-world experience to illustrate the application of different tools and techniques.
Topics covered include:
• New product development best practices and developing a framework for making new product decisions;
• Developing a positioning strategy: positioning analysis using perceptual mapping
• Product development using conjoint analysis: incorporating consumer trade-offs into strategic marketing decision making;
• “Marketing oriented” new product development process: What, When and Why?
• Sales forecasting methods and when to use which method;
• Managing New Product Investments.
Important Note: Class size will be limited to 50 students in order to be able to provide an opportunity to have in-depth discussions.
Prereq: Cannot enroll if 37200 or 37201 taken previously. Note: No class on Saturday. Class will meet on Thursday.
Class Meets: 8/2, 8/3, 8/4, 8/5, 8/6