In this course, we will apply the principles of marketing management to managing the marketing department of a firm. We will do this in the context of a competitive business simulation. The class will be divided into competing firms in an industry.
Each firm will have to make strategic decisions regarding the following:
- Customer segments to target
- Allocation of company resources
- Deal with competition from other firms.
To help you make your decisions, you will invest in acquiring marketing research information. With your strategy in place, you will have to translate strategy into tactics. This entails the following:
- The development and launch of new products
- Managing existing products and dealing with product line issues
- Pricing of products
- Advertising budgeting decisions
- Resource allocation to the various channels
View video course description.
Class Meets Summer 2023: 8/14, 8/15, 8/16, 8/18, 8/19