*This course demands a number of unique requirements – including a high level of open, active participation that entails sharing your story and emotions – that some students may find challenging. While taking this class is an opportunity to overcome those challenges, students unwilling to tell their story in class and to receive open feedback from day one should feel free to drop out of the course. If you are unsure about whether this course is right for you, please reach out to the TA.*
Mandatory pre-class assignment
- First story draft (~ 500 words) and 5 minutes recording of the same story.
- Short Pre-class Survey.
Due – Friday, August 4, 2023 at midnight.
Class Participation – 30%
- Attendance during all five sessions.
- Participation will be tracked in each class based on the quality of the response.
- Telling your story in class.
- Responding to cold calling.
- Reading all required reading materials thoroughly before each class.
- Submitting memo on Warren Buffett’s Case Study
Due – Friday, August 18, 2023 at 2 pm (before class).
- Participating in two peer feedback meeting in groups of 4 students.
- Submitting one Progress Report after a peer feedback meeting
Due - Saturday, August 19, 2023 at midnight.
Final Project submitted individually – 70%
- Final written version of your personal business story ~ 500-700 words.
- 5-minute video recording of your story, including the version of your story charted across the “Arc Canvas” template provided by Prof. Rolnik
Due - Friday, September 8, 2023 at midnight.